Thursday, July 18, 2019

message (bottled up)

there are times
i can only communicate
to you

in letters

i don't think it's because
you interrupt

it's more like i interrupt
myself

i don't think it's because
you aren't listening

it's more like i'm sick
of hearing my own words

i hope
whatever floats my boat
will pass through
turbulent waters

to your heart

but i won't be sure
unliess i write it down

painstankingly
with pencil, paper

and bits of my soul

go forth
dear bottle
and grow

(know)



4 comments:

  1. Keeping your feelings "corked up"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim Croce could not put time in a bottle; I oft times have difficulty finding my feelings unless I take them out of a bottle. As Jimmy Buffett wrote: "I drink a lot of whiskey/it gives me such a glow/it makes me quite immobile/but it lets my feelings show"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whiskey is an interesting truth serum. i stick with corona, but vodka works, too....

      Delete