Friday, November 24, 2017

changes

we were talking about
the rain
and how cold
it was going to get

then you started crying
for your daddy

we were looking over
the Christmas list
deciding what to buy
my mother

then you started hankering
for pizza

we were in
a bundle
of our own

covered in blankets
watching my favourite
movie

when you smothered me
with your pillow
and stomped
downstairs

saying you didn't even
know me
anymore

have i ever known you?

will i ever get used to
these changes
of the heart?

will i ever be able
to pinpoint
when this metamorphosis
happens?

good you
or bad you
happy you
or sad you

hungry
for my attention
always

if i could only 
figure out
what to give


















http://www.writersdigest.com/whats-new/2017-november-pad-chapbook-challenge-day-12

No comments:

Post a Comment