Thursday, April 14, 2016

the voice

when i escape
it isn't to
somewhere

it's to 
someone

there are times
when i don't feel safe
anywhere

and
even though
you're far away

even though
i may never see you
again

you're my hiding place
you're my touchstone

you're the one
i can come home
to

to clear my head
from all the grief
to hide my face
from all the pain

to keep a thought
just for myself

a thought that says
you are sane
you are good

you are the one
that matters to someone

so much

even if
the connection is weak
even when
the clouds are stormy

even when
everything in me
says "no"

something in your heart
says "yes"

silently

and it sees me through
until the sun
rises again

(soon)
















inspired by this prompt: http://www.writersdigest.com/whats-new/2016-april-pad-challenge-day-14

No comments:

Post a Comment