Thursday, November 1, 2012

matched

sometimes i worry
that you become weary
over
all the attention
i show you

and that all the fuss
i make
is seen as some
silly girl crush

not to be believed

but then i see you
meet my ardor
with a loving look
in return

and i hear you
tell me of your love
(before i have a chance
to babble)

and when i feel you
squeeze me close
and in a single movement

lift me in the air

i'm floating
in your strength

and i'm living
in your love

and i'm knowing
all over again

that i'm as
cherished
as i ever hoped
to be

leaning into
a certainty

of one well met with me
(true)



soundcloud:  https://soundcloud.com/jamison99/matched



2 comments:

  1. This. Is how love is supposed to feel.
    Beautiful words.
    Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sound cloud reading magnifies the beauty of the poem.

    ReplyDelete