Friday, September 30, 2022

two doctors

one

everything's done
by the nurse, you see

whatever you look at
is scanned by her

and He comes in, and read
the summations

give no expectations

and ask to see you 
in half year

no fear in his voice
all ordinary

but the objects that
dance in your eyes
are a concern

will they return?
come back and find out!
(the worst t.v. series
to ever be a part of)

two

Stand up.
Not that way

Push back
Not that way.

Tell me what 
you do in life.

Nothing? 
I find that hard to believe.
 
Where do you work?
Oh, now I see.

What started this off?
Two pails of sand?
Why did you carry them?
I don't understand

You are old, and you think
that you are young.
I see.

(not asking, just telling
it's nothing to me
i've become used to
not being understood
humour is my game
deflection is all good)

Do these exercises.
Here is an app.
Let's meet every week
and see where you're at.

(when did this turn into
a fable by dr seuss?
this doctor is female
and not ever on the loose)

Wait, why are you still hurting?
There's a pail at the house
that you have to carry water in
from kitchen to bathroom?

(the tale of two pails)

I..i..is it a full pail of water?
H..h..how often do you have 
to do this?

(no questions on why, 
no questions on what,
which was merciful.)

Well, try to make more trips
with less water in pail.
Or get someone else to
carry them for you.

Now, here's how to
rest your head as you lay
in the night using rolled
up towel and soft pillow.

This will help you sleep.
This will help with the
persistent headaches.
This will he....oh, the insomnia
and the headaches were before
the pails? 

I see.

Well, do the exercises
and look at the app.
We'll work with what we have
and make your neck better.

I must ask, however,
I know you're masked, 
but is that your worried face
or are you deep in thought?

(or am i crying?
or is it residual "scanxiety"
from battles from long ago?)

Oh, just listening. I see.

See you soon.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment