Sunday, December 26, 2021

on one hand

on one hand
is one who said
he'd understand

he didn't 

on the other hand
is a busy whirlwind
that blinds my sight

and hides what's right

in the middle
is my heart

open and uncovered
too many times

if i pull one hand away
i'll lose all hopes
of seeing the sun

if i keep one hand out
will all the shouting stop
or will it break free

if i try to keep pace
with what i think is true
is it truly me anymore

let me climb
the highest part of
the hill

wait until it's still
then push 

who knows
maybe i'll fly

(nigh)

3 comments:

  1. It's been a while, how've you been?

    "on one hand, no more death"

    I hope that is not the answer to my question, that is, not the literal answer. The poems work fine as the literary answer, however. Perhaps mere odes to old 2021?

    I've no doubt you can fly - angels have wings.

    TStreet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm ok

      things are different in the real world. it's going to take some time to recalibrate, but when i do, i'll have more time to sit by the water and wave words

      are you writing

      Delete
  2. Not writing other than a couple of re-writes; melancholia?, depression?, isolation?, a lack of inspiration? 2021 had it's moments, but mostly seemed merely times passing . . .

    I do miss G+, and the daily interactions. Happy days, happy days

    ReplyDelete