Saturday, May 4, 2019

in your way

got in your way
one too many times

even at the end
i was clutching at
straws

looking up into
troubled eyes
holding steady
with my own

trying to stay calm 

you turned your heart
from my questions

answering me
with a vagueness
i couldn't understand

until you broke away

step over step
you ran away
from me

as sudden as a
slap across the
face

and, in the silence
i nodded
as if to say

i knew it would
end this way

and as quickly as
my heart had started

that fateful day
i met you

it stopped
without any
resolution

it hasn't started
since

(done)






2 comments:

  1. I miss G+ - not sure I should comment as I want here; and my thoughts seem to focus merely on the craft and lose the meaning. You are on a streak of the lovely and lyrical, Lynn - continue please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. comment what you want, when you can. i learn a lot from your observations. i will write on...
      i swear, mewe has a couple of good poem groups. you may want to try it.

      Delete