Tuesday, March 22, 2016

a supposing of the last letter from Richard Burton to his love Elizabeth Taylor

Dear Elizabeth,

You are my blood
You are my glory

You make me furious
with your meandering ways

You child
You woman
You lady 
You whore

You wonderful you

Who said Hollywood
was only for the 
mediocre?

It's for the stars
who loved
and died

....searching for 
the perfect one

I have that perfect one

You

Damn what's left of me
not strong enough to pursue
what you are

Damn what's left of you
not loyal enough to stay
where you belong

Damn the world
for making us such a
spectacle

How long must they follow
the promise of our passion
as it cries out
to the sun?

Damn everyone but you and I

My Heart,

Richard




1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete