Sunday, March 15, 2015

the shadow of him in her eyes

can't look back
at what we were

i still don't understand it

can't think of you
and where we stood

i still can't face it

was i the bad one
the whole time?

did i not give you
every chance to be mine?

could your heart
ever truly turn

from the thought
of her
to the reality
of me?

how could i have
shown you
all i had

and still not see

that you never looked
at me

as any more
than a distraction

of the pain
you left behind

(blind)

audio version: https://soundcloud.com/jamison99/the-shadow-of-him-in-her-eyes


8 comments:

  1. oh, and I forgot, I love your poem, from one who has just seen the reality of another's true nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for understanding. it helps me to write things out....

      Delete
  2. Can I have permission to copy this poem to my blog; it would help some other people I know, with your byline, of course. Hopefully, it will bring some traffic to your blog, if you are using ads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sure... if it will help people :) thank you.... a link back would be great.

      Delete
  3. http://1000wordserless.blogspot.ca/2015/03/the-shadow-of-him-in-her-eyes_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. My link above didn't work, please copy and paste. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://1000wordserless.blogspot.ca/2015/02/love-lies-and-revenge-part-1.html


    The story above is based on my true story; if you would like to read it. There are 3 parts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i meant to tell you... i read this. very real! thank you for your gift of writing...

      Delete