Thursday, March 3, 2011

backtrack

did you notice
on the night before
the night before last

when you stood
in the middle
of my path
and started walking
closer to me

that i was
slowly
backing away
from you

just like old times?

did you see me
staring down

keeping my eyes from yours?

i could feel you
looking
straight through me

trying to convince me
over and over again

how wrong i was
how right you were

how people
just don't
do
such a thing

and i saw myself
backing away from you
(as i did
yesterday
and a day ago)

thinking
it all comes down to this

you
not even knowing
your own strength

and i
forgetting
what you do
with your power

over and over again

damn me for crossing you
and being fooled again

damn you for wanting me
to be the me
i never said i was

don't make up
my future
without even knowing
what i am now

i'll back away
and back away
once more

never
to retrace
my steps again

(gone)





No comments:

Post a Comment